By Nikki Gray
I am traveling this week and unfortunately forgot to pack my favorite way to get my vitamins and minerals; my dandelion tea. I decided to replace my beloved tea with pineapple juice this week and I’m happy I did because it reminded me of all the amazing beauty and health benefits pineapple juice provides. I will stick with my daily dandelion tea when I get home but I will definitely be adding fresh pineapple juice to my daily regimen.
Pineapple juice is high in vitamin B1, vitamin C and bromelain. Bromelain is a powerful enzyme only found in pineapples and papayas. Pineapple juice is also high in manganese, magnesium, beta carotene (vitamin A), vitamin B6, folate and niacin. It is also rich in antioxidants and has a good amount of fiber. It tastes great as well and is a much better choice than sodas or juices made from concentrate. Make sure it is fresh, organic pineapple juice with no added sugar or you can juice it yourself.
Pineapple juice can prevent acne. High doses of vitamin C can be an all-natural acne treatment. Also the bromelain in pineapple fights acne because it is an anti-inflammatory enzyme and acne is in fact inflammation. Pineapple juice’s anti-inflammatory properties also benefit people suffering from eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and dermatitis.
Fights cellulite. It is a natural diuretic and rids the body of toxins. It also accelerates the repair of damaged tissue.
It is highly anti-inflammatory and can ease pain and swelling. It is encouraged for people suffering from arthritis to consume pineapple. Bromelain’s inflammation fighting power rivals potent pharmaceutical drugs like NSAIDS (aspirin, ibuprofen) and steroids.
The vitamin A and bromelain in pineapple juice act as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial for skin infections such as cellulitis. Burns and insect bites benefit as well since drinking it speeds healing.
Pineapple juice has anti-bacterial properties so it fights colds and the flu. Its bacteria fighting powers also prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
Other benefits include:
- Aids and stimulates digestion.
- Prevents indigestion and other stomach problems like constipation.
- Fights against stomach infections.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- Has been shown to be as potent and effective as over the counter cough medicine.
- Fights heart disease.
- Is a natural diuretic and aids weight loss.
- Can prevent recurring sinusitis.
- The beta carotene helps maintain healthy eyesight.
- Bromelain contains analgesic properties that can help women who suffer from painful periods.
- Some sexually-related benefits. You can look that up on your own.
- And it’s delicious, refreshing and replenishes your energy.